Legal Secretary Advice
Want to get hired as a legal secretary? The cover letter examples below can help you create a winning cover letter faster. A legal secretary helps prepare and file legal documents, and often takes on managerial duties. The cover letter examples we’ve developed highlight the skills and attributes you’ll want to include in your legal secretary cover letter. Take the next step toward a more exciting and satisfying career as a legal secretary with these helpful examples now.
Cover Letter Tips for Legal Secretary
Finding jobs as a Legal Secretary, like finding jobs elsewhere in the country, requires hard work, preparation and some dedication. Finding work can be a difficult process, but know what steps to take can make it a little easier. Consider these tips as you try to find a job:
1. Gather information through your network. The more information you can get, the more you will know about opportunities. There are a lot of information-gathering techniques, but you should turn to your network. These people will be able to give you an idea of available jobs, great companies to work for and so much more.
2. Make a plan. Before you can successfully find jobs as a Legal Secretary, you need to make some sort of a plan. Figure out what type of jobs you are looking for and where you want to look. This will help you get started in your search, but you may find that you’ll have to broaden your expectations.
3. Look to the future. It is important that you think about your future rather than just right now. You want to find a job that you’ll like at a company you can grow in. This will help decrease the likelihood that you’ll have to find a new job anytime soon in the future.
4. Figure out where to look. Not only do you have to know what you’re looking for, but you have to know where to look. You can often find job leads on online job posting sites, in newspapers, at career centers, at job fairs, through your network, at the local library or on online job banks.
5. Practice for the interview. Finding job opportunities is one thing, but you also have to make sure you are prepared for the interview. This means working on your cover letter, practicing common interview skills, figuring out what you want to wear and working on actively listening.
Legal Secretary Job Seeking Tips
Searching for jobs is important, but it is also important that you create an outstanding cover letter. Your cover letter is your calling card. Hiring managers will look at that and be reminded of you. Use these tips to ensure you create a cover letter that will help you get jobs as a Legal Secretary:
1. Think about your important skills, experience, personality traits and accomplishments and try to incorporate them into your document.
2. Consider what the hiring manager might want to see, and try and include information that is important to them by revamping your cover letter each time you apply to a new job.
3. Use a reverse chronological order to ensure your more recent experience and education is up at the top.
4. Use bullet points, headers, the table tool and bold font to make your cover letter more reader-friendly.
5. Try to keep your information relevant to the position at hand.
54 Analos Lane
Wesville NSW 2356
Tel: 02 55 333 333
02 85 555 555
Dear Ms Summers
Re: Junior legal secretary position
I am writing in response to the advertisement on lawjobs.com on 4 November for a junior legal secretary with your firm. The role described is exactly the kind of opportunity that I have been looking for.
I have recently completed my Certificate III in Business Administration (legal) and am now seeking an entry-level position to begin my career and expand my knowledge in legal services. My current position as office junior for Lawson Accountants has been a great introduction to working in an office environment. I have been employed part-time in this position for the past year and have learnt all the basics, including dealing with clients, answering phones, diary management, photocopying and filing, amongst other things. Additionally, I also developed great customer service skills through my previous position as sales assistant at Hughson Department Store.
I am a proficient computer and Internet user and am familiar with Microsoft Word. My typing speed is currently 55 wpm. I would consider my strengths to be my written and verbal communication skills, my high attention to detail and my ability to always be well organised. I am a hard worker with an enthusiastic attitude and a loyal disposition. I work well in a team, am capable of taking initiative and working unsupervised, and have a flexible approach to my work.
Thank you for taking the time to read my application and I hope that I will get the chance to meet you in person for an interview.