Cover letters are designed to accompany a professional resume, and serve as an introduction to a potential employer. A strong cover letter will be industry specific, using language from the job listing to describe personal attributes and accomplishments. This will allow you to expand on your resume, crafting an image of who you are as an employee. Review examples, like the free food service worker cover letter sample below, for helpful advice when writing your own cover letter.
Free Food Service Worker Cover Letter Sample
Dear Mrs. Yu-Um,
I am writing regarding the available position of food service worker. My knowledge of food safety and experience in customer service make me an ideal candidate for this position.
Your job listing states that a food service worker must be prepared to greet customers and answer their questions about menu items. I have five years in customer service positions that have prepared me for communicating with customers while serving their needs. It will be easy for me to apply my customer service experiences in a food service position.
My work experience has helped me learn the patience and compassion necessary when working with individual students. I maintain my passion for education by attending conferences that help me remain current with best practices and changing educational requirements.
I am eager to begin work as a food service worker as soon as possible. Thank you for considering my application, and I look forward to discussing the position with you further in an interview setting.
What to Include in a Food Service Worker Cover Letter
There are a few things that can be included in your adaptation of our free food service worker cover letter sample. Your letter should be brief and clear while stating the job you are applying for. It should also discuss why you are qualified and when you will be available to begin working. It is appropriate to use a professional yet personable voice throughout your letter. Use your strengths and experiences that are not listed on your resume to emphasize why you are the best candidate.
Industry Specific Skills to Include
You should write your cover letter so that it represents your skills and experiences. The above free food service worker cover letter sample should serve as an example when writing your own letter. Be careful to not lie or exaggerate on your letter or in your resume. If you need further inspiration, consider using some of these industry-specific words if they apply to your experiences.
● Communication skills: Communicating with customers and colleagues is an important skill for food service workers to have.
● Customer service: Customer service allows businesses to remain competitive in the food industry and is important for service workers to have.
● Physical stamina: Many workers in this position are required to stand for long periods of time with very few breaks.
● Food safety: Food service workers should be aware of the best practices for food safety, ensuring the health and satisfaction of their customers.
Dear Ms. Gonzalez
I am pleased to submit my resume for the open Food Service Worker position with your establishment. Given my background in hospitality and customer care I feel I am in a great position to make significant contributions to Dockside Restaurant and Night Club. Please review these points from my professional background which summarise the experience and talents I can apply in this new role:
- 7 years of experience as a Food Service Worker in tourist-focused casual dining establishments
- An Associate of Arts degree in Culinary Arts from Brampsmere School of Culinary Arts
- Strong working knowledge of meat analysis food sanitation labour and food cost controls
- A reputation for developing effective working relationships with all team members and customer rapports that breed loyalty and positive word-of-mouth
My attached a resume that provides additional information on my background and qualifications. As you can see I have a wide breadth of experience as a Food Service Worker that would make me a strong asset to your team. I would appreciate the opportunity to schedule a meeting with you to discuss this role and the contributions I can make to Dockside Restaurant and Night Club.
In the interim thank you for reviewing this letter and the attached material.